Veterans Day in Buckeye
Article Submitted by: Jennifer Rogers Photo from: Buckeyeaz.gov Buckeye Councilmember Brian McAchran was named…
Nearly Double the Required Number Article and Photo Submitted by: Sharman Hickman County Supervisor Clint Hickman…
Article by: Deena Alvarez Photo Submitted by: Sergeant Jason Weeks, BPD PIO On Thursday, May…
Article and Photo By: Jasmine Safaie Bruce Heiden, born and raised in Buckeye, is being inducted…
Article by: Jeannine Chabala Photo by: Michael Alvarez In the heart of historic downtown Buckeye…
- Phoenix man jailed on sex chargesOfficers said the investigation began when the girl, now 11, told her mom that Lorenzo Roman, 56, allegedly showed her pornographic videos and sexually abused her during a family gathering in Mexico.
- Man gets prison time for knife attack on mom at Phoenix eateryMichael Lee Hansen said he was trying to "cut his mother's head off" with a 7-inch knife he got from the restaurant, Sakura Sushi and Steakhouse.
- Demand for power soars as Phoenix broilsAt 2:09 p.m. Thursday, the temperature in Phoenix climbed to 116 degrees, breaking the old record of 114 degrees set in 2001, CBS 5 Chief Meteorologist Chris Dunn said.
- Police: Wickenburg man stabs girlfriend, injures dogPolice were tipped off about the incident by a next-door neighbor who had received a text message from the victim stating Megargee, her live-in boyfriend, had hit multiple times and cut her with a machete.
- Medical examiner confirms IDs of Sedona plane crash victimsThe victims were the pilot, Jonathan McGeary, 22, of Flagstaff; Levi Wallace, 23, of Prescott; Johanna Naber, 18, of Shellbrook, Saskatchewan Canada; and Sabrina Giebelen, 19, of Krefeld, Germany.
- Community tips lead to arrest of suspected AZ shoplifterNathaniel Francisco, 39, has been booked into the Pima County Adult Detention Complex on one count of larceny shoplifting, one count of criminal damage, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Burglar steals gold records from musician's home in PhoenixThe thief parked his green Escalade in the driveway and loaded it up with electronics, Friesen's wife's wedding rings from family members that had a lot of sentimental value, and the four gold records.
Spectacular Fireworks, Water Games and Family Fun Mark Buckeye’s Old Fashioned Fourth of July Celebration Friday, July 4
Article Submitted by: Jennifer Rogers, PIO, City of Buckeye Photo by: Deena Alvarez, The Buckeye Star Buckeye’s old fashioned Fourth of July celebration, featuring water-soaked family fun and a spectacular fireworks display, will be held from 6 to 9:30 p.m., Friday, July 4, at Youngker High School, 3000 S. Apache Rd. Come join the More
Article Submitted by: Jennifer Rogers, PIO, City of Buckeye In accordance with Arizona state laws, the City of Buckeye is notifying residents of its intention to increase its primary property taxes next fiscal year by 1.15 percent over this year’s level. In a legal notice the city proposes an increase of $2.05 in primary property More
Article Submitted By: Jennifer Rogers, PIO City of Buckeye The success of a cleanup in December 2013 has prompted the City of Buckeye to host a second event, scheduled for Saturday, March 8th from 7am to 12pm near the entrance to Skyline Park, an 8,675 acre mountain preserve set to open in 2015. The City More
Saturday, November 2, 2013 COMMUNITY YARD SALE STORE MORE! BUCKEYE – Store More will be holding their Semi-Annual community Yard Sale. Saturday November 2, 2013 from 8:30am-2pm. FREE to attend. There will be food, raffles and lots of shopping!! Great deals and SAVINGS! Buckeye Bookmobile is ON THE GO…visiting Sundance today from 9 More
Article by: Eldon Meade, Quartermaster of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Buckeye Post 12098 Photos by: Deena Alvarez World War I – known at the time as “The Great War” – officially ended with the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919, in the Palace of Versailles, France. However, fighting ceased seven months More