Veterans Day in Buckeye
Article by: Jeannine Chabala Photo by: Michael Alvarez In the heart of historic downtown Buckeye…
After spending 2 years located at 111 E. Monroe Avenue, the Buckeye Star decided it was time…
Article and Photos Provided by: Gino & Shelley Battistoni of Boy Scout Troop 263 Boy…
Article and Photo By: Deena Alvarez On Monday, September 30 Filiberto’s Sports Grill had their official…
Article by: Deena Alvarez Photo by: Michael Alvarez Located at the end of Miller…
- Persons of interest sought in security guard's deathPolice said they have very little information on possible murder suspects but witnesses did report a suspicious car leaving the area immediately after the shooting.
- Goodyear PD: Ex-wrestling coach busted on sex chargesKyle DeBerry, 25, was booked into the Fourth Avenue Jail on charges of luring a minor for sexual exploitation and assault.
- Ex-officer Chrisman pleads guilty to manslaughterRichard Chrisman avoids a retrial of second-degree murder charges in the shooting death of Daniel Rodriguez in October of 2010 with the plea agreement.
- PD: Husband, wife die in Phoenix murder-suicideA family friend was in the house near Camelback Road and 75th Avenue at the time of the shooting, a Phoenix police spokesman says.
- Arpaio's office sets community outreach meetingsThe meetings are required as part of a federal judge's ruling that Sheriff Joe Arpaio's office engaged in racial profiling and will be at seven patrol district locations Dec. 21.
- Former Tempe officer pleads not guilty in scandalJessica Dever-Jakusz, who resigned in October in lieu of being terminated, was indicted after of a Tempe police investigation into her sexual involvement with a drug trafficking suspect.
- Ex-elementary teacher pleads not guilty to sex assaultsRyan Robert Raths, 40, of Glendale, is charged with four counts of felony sexual assault of women he met on the internet.
Saturday, November 2, 2013 COMMUNITY YARD SALE STORE MORE! BUCKEYE – Store More will be holding their Semi-Annual community Yard Sale. Saturday November 2, 2013 from 8:30am-2pm. FREE to attend. There will be food, raffles and lots of shopping!! Great deals and SAVINGS! Buckeye Bookmobile is ON THE GO…visiting Sundance today from 9 More
Article by: Eldon Meade, Quartermaster of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Buckeye Post 12098 Photos by: Deena Alvarez World War I – known at the time as “The Great War” – officially ended with the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919, in the Palace of Versailles, France. However, fighting ceased seven months More
The Buckeye Star Press Release The Town of Buckeye’s Community Services Department will be taking registrations for the Salvation Army’s annual Angel Tree Program 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday, Oct. 10-11, at the Buckeye Community Center, 201 E. Centre Ave. Registration for the popular program, with volunteers providing holiday toys for disadvantaged More
Article Provided by: Eldon Meade, Quartermaster of Veterans of Foreign Wars Buckeye Post 12098 National POW/MIA Recognition Day is annually observed in the United States on the third Friday of September, Friday, September 20, 2013. The Veteran service organizations of Buckeye, Veterans of Foreign War and the American Legion support this observance. “Lest we forget” More
Article by: Deena Alvarez BUHS is continuing the tradition of holding a Homecoming Parade. The BUHS marching band, color guard, pom, cheer, fall sports teams, class and club floats, and the homecoming Royalty will all be part of the parade to be held on October 4 from 2 to 3 pm. This year’s grand marshals More