Veterans Day in Buckeye
Article and Photo By: Jasmine Safaie Bruce Heiden, born and raised in Buckeye, is being inducted…
Article by: Jeannine Chabala Photo by: Michael Alvarez In the heart of historic downtown Buckeye…
After spending 2 years located at 111 E. Monroe Avenue, the Buckeye Star decided it was time…
Article and Photos Provided by: Gino & Shelley Battistoni of Boy Scout Troop 263 Boy…
Article and Photo By: Deena Alvarez On Monday, September 30 Filiberto’s Sports Grill had their official…
- Phoenix woman jailed in CA in hit-and-run crashA Phoenix woman is behind bars in San Diego after she allegedly ran into a taxi cab and took off.
- 2 teens injured in Phoenix ATV crashPhoenix police said the girls, ages 12 and 16, were on the ATV trying to take a picture when they crashed into a parked car.
- MCSO identifies body found along Buckeye roadwayThe body of Mark Meginley, 51, was found under a sleeping bag on Tuthill Road near Elliott and Beloat roads Wednesday.
- Progress: Brown Fire now 25 percent containedThe human-caused Brown Fire is burning northwest of Sierra Vista, said Heidi Schewel of the Coronado National Forest Fire Department.
- 3 arrested after raid on Scottsdale luxury car dealershipOfficers and agents carried several white boxes out of the Luxor Auto Group at 3220 N. Scottsdale Rd. and continued to gather evidence, but didn't say what that was.
- AZ mom who left kids in car not unemployed or homelessA Valley mother accused of leaving her children in the car while she went on a job interview was actually working and had a home address, the Maricopa County Attorney said.
- Wyatt Earp collection brings in $445K at Scottsdale auctionA New Mexico man bid $225,000 for the Colt .45-caliber revolver believed to have been carried by Wyatt Earp during the notorious O.K. Corral shootout.
Article Submitted By: Jennifer Rogers, PIO City of Buckeye The success of a cleanup in December 2013 has prompted the City of Buckeye to host a second event, scheduled for Saturday, March 8th from 7am to 12pm near the entrance to Skyline Park, an 8,675 acre mountain preserve set to open in 2015. The City More
Saturday, November 2, 2013 COMMUNITY YARD SALE STORE MORE! BUCKEYE – Store More will be holding their Semi-Annual community Yard Sale. Saturday November 2, 2013 from 8:30am-2pm. FREE to attend. There will be food, raffles and lots of shopping!! Great deals and SAVINGS! Buckeye Bookmobile is ON THE GO…visiting Sundance today from 9 More
Article by: Eldon Meade, Quartermaster of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Buckeye Post 12098 Photos by: Deena Alvarez World War I – known at the time as “The Great War” – officially ended with the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919, in the Palace of Versailles, France. However, fighting ceased seven months More
The Buckeye Star Press Release The Town of Buckeye’s Community Services Department will be taking registrations for the Salvation Army’s annual Angel Tree Program 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday, Oct. 10-11, at the Buckeye Community Center, 201 E. Centre Ave. Registration for the popular program, with volunteers providing holiday toys for disadvantaged More
Article Provided by: Eldon Meade, Quartermaster of Veterans of Foreign Wars Buckeye Post 12098 National POW/MIA Recognition Day is annually observed in the United States on the third Friday of September, Friday, September 20, 2013. The Veteran service organizations of Buckeye, Veterans of Foreign War and the American Legion support this observance. “Lest we forget” More